Sunday 16 December 2012

New Beginnings

Yeap, I am back at the beginning again. I just became a "newly single lady" as a friend so eloquently put it. Funny, I don't feel as though my feelings for my ex are anything close to Lady-Like.

I have learnt so much in these past few years. I grew up in a family with parents who think the world of each other and get this, my mum wanted to be a Nun before she fell in love with my papa. How is one supposed to live up to that kind of pressure? Sheesh.

But you know, it these past few year I have learnt to question things I never thought I would. The things I have learnt to expect in a relationship, the thing I expect from a partner, the things I expect from myself.

So I feel like I'm back here again. Single. Except this time I am ready. Ready to handle this like an adult. Not serial date and drink away my sorrows. I am ready to understand that I no longer have to settle. Ready to not make the same mistakes that made me doubt myself.

I am an individual. I am a package. And a freaking awesome one at that.

Here is to a New Beginning.

1 comment:

jkfinity said...

Your mother wanted to be a Nun? Hey, I was seriously considering being a Catholic Priest before I met Margaret (Jonathan's mother)