Wednesday 9 February 2011

Perfect Sunnies + Neat Hair = Fail proof.

So I live in a place where the people are always dressed to the nines. Seriously, Bangsar could be a picture out of a fashion magazine at any time.

Growing up, Bangsar was a nice place to grow up in. The neighbourhood were pretty friendly to us and the shops were nice and quaint. Fast-forward 20 years, and Bangsar is a booming place with certain places having more expats than locals.

Let me get to my point. When you grow up in a place, you feel that you do not have to dress up when you go into the shops. However, my problem is, when i do wear my pasar malam shorts and slippers to run to the grocery store, i feel so severely under dressed that sometimes i hope to god that i don't meet anyone i know.

and this is to the grocery store.

So i have developed a little trick. When i do want to pop into a store or to go for breakfast and refuse to change out of my casual clothes, i just tie my hair up, and throw on sunnies.

As much as it takes me two seconds to do these simple things, the effect is tremendous. By wearing a pair of fashionable sunnies and getting my hair into a sleek ponytail, bun or even let loose, i instantly turn from:

i just woke up and didnt change yet TO i am so cool, this is what i am wearing. i look hot.

Take a look at these celebs who rock the same trick.










Neat trick huh? So when you're too lazy to change, just neaten up your hair, and throw on your sunnies.


No comments: